Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Making Addressbook Entries Readable by All

From: SI Reasoning
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Making Addressbook Entries Readable by All
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:17:13 +0000

For the most part these abilities already exist...just not laid out in a clear
and
intuitive manner. That is the real problem here. For instance, when setting up a
group, why not also link a group with a global category? That would resolve a
lot of
these issues I would think. For instance one could create a group called
everyone
and a category called everyone, link the two together and everyone has access to
everyone. The user global access options are a mess in my opinion. They are not
intuitive, one has to go to every option to set them (why not a try global
acl?) and
it is tough for an administrator because it forces them to have to remember all
of
the passwords.

I believe that the whole acl system needs to be rebuilt and laid out more
intiutively.

Ian Firla (address@hidden) wrote*:

>On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Chris Weiss wrote:
>
>> No it's a matter of deligation.  A traveling sales person has his secretary
>> update a
>> clients address info in his address book.  It's not her item, it's his item,
>> but she
>> needs to be able to help him take of keeping it up to date, as well as
>> adding new
>> items.  Believe it or not, there are people out that think they are too busy
>> to be
>> bothered with things like data entry tasks and hire someone to do these
>> things
for them.