Re: [Phpgroupware-users] slow response

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] slow response
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 20:30:37 +0000

Phprojekt is a very small app compaired to phpGW.  It's like comparing Eudora to
Outlook 2000.

I don't know about bsd, but 32 meg is barely enough memory to run a stock Linux
with
only apache+pgsql, never mind the data and scripts that run on top of them.  I'd
suggest looking at "top" to see how your system resources are being used, I
think
you'll find that your server is swapping and thus making it very slow.  I'd
recomend
at least 128Meg of memory, and a faster CPU if you can, but with some serious
tweaking to apache and pgsql you can probably do by just adding at least 64meg
of ram.