Re: [Openexr-devel] Hello OpenEXR list - and some questions

From: Angus Dorbie
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Hello OpenEXR list - and some questions
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:45:49 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mr 'Zap' Andersson" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 11:59 PM

> On Stardate 27 Jan 2003, 16:04, subspace transmissions from John Burnett
> <address@hidden> indicated:
>
> First - list problem; at least in my mailer, "reply" to the list silently
> defaults to replying to author only, not to list. Hence a couple of my
> replies has inadvertently ended up being personal instead of list! Could
> this behaviour be changed on the listserver end somehow?

This is your mail client not the list, the from line correctly identifies
the poster. You need to "Reply All" or the list server doesn't even know an
email was sent, having the from line identify the list would not be a good
solution.  The list server has a user defined option to not cc the original
author (also on the "To" line) so original posters don't get two copies from
a "relpy all" response.