Re: [Nel] Building Snowballs Client?

From: Tony Hoyt
Subject: Re: [Nel] Building Snowballs Client?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:15:06 -0400

Oookay, Well I got it to compile! I got it to run!  And then, a couple
of things happened.

  One thing was I had to dig around for a copy of a 3d dll. I didn't
take down the information on the name of things this time like perhaps I
should have, but basicly it looked like it was looking for a nel 3d dll
and couldn't find it.  I found it in code/nel/lib and when I (hack)
copied it into my build directory everything was fine.

  Then it actuall ran! (After I found client.cfg too) But started asking
for data files... And in the end, the 0.2 data files didn't work with
it, so now i have to wonder, has ANYONE beyond the Nel team actually
have a working version of Snowballs?  I feel like i"m the first one
building this thing, But I can't be.  Well in any case, let me know
where I can get the latest data for Snowballs.  Thanks.

  Tony

p.s. I did end up haveing to do the following things to get the project
compiled.

  1) libXML is required.
  2) Needed glext.h
  3) Did manage to find a copy of OpenGL 1.1 headers and lib, although
I"m not sure if these where actually required.
  4) I did download OpenAL but didn't compile it, I did include it in my
headers list but I'm not sure what affect that had overall.  But in the
end, It did compile.

  Thanks.