Re: [Nel] Deprecated services

From: Michael Warnock
Subject: Re: [Nel] Deprecated services
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:26:32 -0700

10/24/2001 6:39:04 AM, "Vianney Lecroart" <address@hidden> wrote:

>We made few clean up in services directory (nelns). pac_service, log_service
>and time_service are removed from the CVS because they are deprecated.
>You don't need them to run a shard anymore.

with a fresh recompile of the nelns and game specific services we first find
that all the services want some new variables including XWinParam and SId.  We
discovered the syntax of XWinParam and
it's friends, and made an educated guess on the others.  Here is a sample of
our cfg which I'm guessing is correct:

Rec = "no";
NSHost = "63.205.226.188";
NSPort = 50000;
BasePort = 51000;

XWinParam = 600;
YWinParam = 0;
WWinParam = 600;
HWinParam = 300;

SId = "NS";

At any rate this was enough to dispel the warnings.  When we try to log in with
a freshly recompiled client we get as far as choosing a shard before we are
informed that there is no frontend service.
the frontend service's logs seem to indicate a normal connection.

Keep up the great work!
Michael Warnock
InOrbit Entertainment Inc.