Re: [Nel] Deprecated services

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] Deprecated services
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:00:56 +0100

Hi,

> At any rate this was enough to dispel the warnings.  When we try to log in
with a freshly recompiled client we get as far as choosing a shard before we
are informed that there is no frontend service.
> the frontend service's logs seem to indicate a normal connection.

I understood the problem and fixed it. It was a problem due to the new
layer5 (I'll write a doc about that tomorrow).
Update NeL, check that the file login_server.cpp is updated and all should
be like before.

I modified lot of file like Makefile, NeL source, Snowballs2 etc to fix all
problem due to new NeL changes. Now, the client and server should work fine
with the last NeL and snowballs2 version on cvs.
Tomorow, I'll release new data package for snowballs2 that needed to run
Snowballs2 client.

Vianney Lecroart