[Nel] Building Snowballs Client?

From: Tony Hoyt
Subject: [Nel] Building Snowballs Client?
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:24:59 -0400

Last Night I tried to build the Snowballs client and ran into a wall
trying to build Nel.

  I built STLport-4.5 in C:\STLport-4.5.  And FreeType 2 in
C:\FreeType.  And then was ready to build Nel 3D only at this point.

  Now, What happened appeared to be an issue with redeclirations of
various STL types.  So I think the problem may be the Include and
Library directory listings for Visual Studio.  It was all durring the
compileing phase, right from the start.  Could someone go over the
INSTALL directions for nel because some of it does not make sence.  For
example

quote -------------------------
      Setup Visual C++ to find the NeL include and library files :

         - Add the NEL include directory to the "Library Files"
category.
           ex: D:/test/code/nel/include

         - Add the STLPort library directory to the "Library Files"
category.
           ex: D:/test/code/nel/lib

I understand that D:/test/code/ is the root directory for my nel files,
which I grabed from the CVS just last night, but still those lines make
little sence.  Could someone please go through the installation again to
make sure that it's proper and that INSTALL file is correct. Thanks

  Tony