Re: [Nel] Building Snowballs Client?

From: Tony Hoyt
Subject: Re: [Nel] Building Snowballs Client?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:10:53 -0400

  You've had a client all this time and.. and.. :-/  Well at least I
found some documentation bugs. Oh and btw, NEL does not compile with
STLPort 4.5.  Something about std::max. I'll get the error codes later.
In the mean time I'm checking out the snapshots on your website.  They
do look really nice, But ya, I may have to 1) Lower my resolution and 2)
Lower the detail In hopes to keep the frame rate up.  12fps on a gForce
1 will most likely mean 4fps on a tnt2 if I"m lucky.  Looks like it's
time to upgrade to the new gforce 3 ti200.

  In the mean time I'll try and grab the data tonight and try again.
HOpefully I'll actually run this time!  And I say keep it up on forceing
next years technology because it will mean in the end a more attractive
product.  While users may not like upgradeing, gamers are a breed that
are used to being low on cash :-)  So if I get this compiled, I should
also be able to build my own server and make my own world, correct?  Hmm
Time to look at the documentation on how to do that with little cash to
go on.  I notice a lot of 3d Max plugins and apps. I hope that doesn't
mean I need to use 3d max, but we'll see.  I am curious to see how it
all works with a huge landscape.  Say, one going on the size of AC.  But
first, Let's get Snowballs going! Thanks.

  Tony