Re: [Nel] Building Snowballs Client?

From: Cedric Valignat
Subject: Re: [Nel] Building Snowballs Client?
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:51:42 +0200

Hello Tony,

Tony Hoyt wrote:

>   Now, What happened appeared to be an issue with redeclirations of
> various STL types.  So I think the problem may be the Include and
> Library directory listings for Visual Studio.  It was all durring the
> compileing phase, right from the start.  Could someone go over the
> INSTALL directions for nel because some of it does not make sence.  For
> example

In Visual, you heve to set up that option in the menu
"Tools->Options->Directories".

There you will see differents categories "Include Files", "Library Files",
 etc ...  and a list of directories for each category.

You have to make sure that the STLPorts include directory is BEFORE the
visual include directory in the "Include Files" directory list.

Otherwise there is an other mistake in that file:

   You have to add the NeL src directory in the "Include Files"
   directory list :

      ex: D:/test/code/nel/src

> quote -------------------------
>       Setup Visual C++ to find the NeL include and library files :
>
>          - Add the NEL include directory to the "Library Files"
> category.

Oops there is a mistake is not the "Library Files" category but the
"Include  Files" category ...

>            ex: D:/test/code/nel/include
>
>          - Add the STLPort library directory to the "Library Files"
> category.

... and here, that's not "the STLPort library directory" but
"NeLlibrary directory"

> I understand that D:/test/code/ is the root directory for my nel files,
> which I grabed from the CVS just last night, but still those lines make
> little sence.  Could someone please go through the installation again to
> make sure that it's proper and that INSTALL file is correct. Thanks

I will fix the INSTALL file, sorry about that.

Cedric.