Re: [Mldonkey-users] Swamping by LowID-Clients cause queue dropouts

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Swamping by LowID-Clients cause queue dropouts
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:41:38 +0100

>  Problem is: you cannot really stop the LowID clients from connecting to
>  you.

The more I think about it, the more I think the problem is that these
clients should not remain connected so long. Another problem is that
some bug reports say that they can have 90 uploaders even with
max_upload_slots = 10. If it is true (and it is), then, these clients
might remain connected forever (at least for long), and use most of
the connections available. By the way, the max_clients_per_second does
not change when incoming clients arrive. If you limit the number of
connections to 150, then, you should probably also try to increase
this value to see what happens.

- MLDonkey