Re: [Mldonkey-users] Swamping by LowID-Clients cause queue dropouts

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Swamping by LowID-Clients cause queue dropouts
Date: 09 Feb 2003 23:57:46 +0100

Sven Hartge <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Someone mentioned, he gets swamped by LowID clients.
>
> I now found the cause:
>
> The max_clients_per_second value includes LowID and own connections.
>
> If too many LowID clients connect to you, you will _never_ initate a
> connection of your own.
>
> Because of this, you drop out of the queue of nearly any direct client,
> because you don't reconnect in the given time to renew the claim for
> your slot.
>
> I now increased the max_clients_per_second to 20 (!!) and guess what: I
> am finally able to get some bytes for my rare files.
>
> Please experiment with this setting, while leaving *every other* setting
> _untouched_.

That increases the number of connections from 200-300 to 600-800 and
the outgoing traffic goes from 6-8 to 10 (which is the hardlimit for
mldonkeyon the router). With all the new connects the downloads drop
dead even if you get a download.

The proper fix would be to give queue renewals a much higher priority
than other connects.

MfG
        Goswin