[Mldonkey-users] Upload-byte-count to high?

From: Axel Hinrichs
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Upload-byte-count to high?
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 22:13:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

Maybe some of you can bring some light into this. I observed that my
mldonkey reports wrong numbers in the client_stats output--at least I
think they're wrong...

Here is a list of what the kernel thinks what went out (messured by
iptables) and what mldonkey says (taken from the "Total uploads" line in
the client_stats output), 10 seconds interval:

IP-Tables:  16k MLD:   0k
IP-Tables:  15k MLD:   0k
IP-Tables:  13k MLD: 176k
IP-Tables:  21k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  23k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  19k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  19k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  19k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  13k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  17k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  28k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  29k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  13k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  14k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  16k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  25k MLD: 195k
IP-Tables:  14k MLD: 189k
IP-Tables:  24k MLD: 176k

So the kernel says average upload speed is 1.8k and mldonkey says it's
17k. iptraf also said something about 14kBit all the time.

Can someone explain it to me? Or what if not bytes do the numbers in the
client_stats output mean?

Thanks and greetings,
Axel

--
Axel Hinrichs
h i n r i c h s (a t) x b i t s (d o t) d e