Re: traveling for a few days

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: traveling for a few days
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:39:16 +0200

Hi Branden,

On Tue, Apr 26 2022 at 03:24:43 AM, "G. Branden Robinson"
<g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again, Bertrand.  I'm back in the saddle.  Let me iterate my
> thanks to you for grappling submodule and build system issues.

This wasn't too long to upgrade as there were no issues; I'm really
sorry for being silent for such a long time and hope we will be able to
close rc2 soon.

> I'll note in case anyone had a problem with an 'M' descriptor showing up
> next to the gnulib directory on "git status" output--I had to do a
>   $ git submodule update
> to resync with the update to the new gnulib tag.
>
> After that things worked fine.

Yes, a 'git pull' won't automatically update the submodule, unless you
pass the '--recurse-submodules' option.

>> > I had a little bit of time to test; I see 3 fails (I'm testing on
[...]
> Please try the attached patch.  It doesn't regress on my system, and if
> it clears the problems on yours it should be good for a commit (if I add
> a ChangeLog message).

I've just tested, the problems are indeed fixed by your patch, so I
think you can commit them.

Regards,

Bertrand