gnu-system-discuss

Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 06:16:57 +0000

On September 4, 2019 6:08:50 AM UTC, Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> wrote:

>I'm the author and maintainer of GNU XmlAT, I've been considering
>obsolete it for years. And I'd like to add other new meaningful project
>GNU.
>
>Here's a brief reason.
>XmlAT was used to convert XML to s-expr as an intermediate
>presentation for multiple cases. And it can be output to other
>formats. However, it's a bit outdated, because nowadays the industry
>use
>JSON for that case, and it works well.
>
>So we don't need GNU XmlAT anymore. I would polish my other projects
>and
>offer some to replact GNU XmlAT.

Thanks Nala,

There is no source for XmlAT anywhere published. I am using only Lisp and
sometimes Scheme, such software could be of use in website revision systems,
and also in conversion of HTML to SEXPR when one wish to provide structured
document with backlinks with ability to finely grained link to specific
paragraphs.

But without sources of not even possible to try it out.

Jean