gnu-system-discuss

Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?

From: bendikker
Subject: Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 09:08:33 +0000

 Quoting Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>:

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [2019-09-06 09:18]:
I can not directly respont to Jose E. Marchesi, I have get no mail.

The fact alone that it is part of Debian says ferret has its use. Although
the popularity is declining.
It is interesting to mention at ferrets website that it is used by a
university, I did not check if this is the case.

ferret on Debian is orphaned and ferret on GNU feels orphaned too.

The notion that GNU software which is not packaged by Debian GNU/Linux
shall be decomissioned is wrong.

Same is with the "usage statistics" provided only by Debian.

--
Thanks,Jean Louis

Earlier you said there is no source published for xmlat I myself can not fully say that is a real source, because I do not have enough knowledge to say so. But this looks like a real source to me https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/xmlat.git/

Earlier You mentioned ePerl could it be https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/eperl
Earlier you said I am quietly using for years Lisp data structures. Is that a package?

I am promoting free software mainly via the Free Software Directory what to me also is a central point of communication and a place to keep track of GNU packages also to gather information these packages dont give me. There are too many useless packages on https://www.gnu.org/software/software.html that destracts from the usefull ones.

I want to promote usefull projects and ideas, now I too often promote outdated and/or vague projects with vague descriptions or ideas.

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to address@hidden

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!