gnu-system-discuss

Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 22:53:51 +0200

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [2019-09-03 22:41]:
>  Quoting address@hidden:
>
> > If package is not in Debian GNU/Linux, for me this indicates nothing
> >   that relates to GNU packages, unless there is some specific discussion
> >   related to such specific package, or if there is specific bug report.
> > Debian is also a GNU/Linux distribution that we do not recommend.
>
> You might not recommend, but I use Trisquel. Depends on Debian. The question
> is, does GNU want us to spent time on those projects, or Is that precious
> time better spent elsewhere.

I do not have any function in the FSF, yet I am sure that it is
commendable if you include some of GNU packages in some of free system
distributions if they are missing somewhere, you may always at least
propose for a package to be included. Or you could maintain such
package.

Some software programs are finished, the only time you wish to spend
there is either using it, learning about it or maybe improving it. But
not every piece of software need to be improved. It can just work.

Jean