gnu-system-discuss

Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 20:56:25 +0200

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [2019-09-03 20:41]:
> You can also use: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/
>
> The following GNU packages seem inactive for at least 5 years and
> are at least (most probably) not part of Debian.

https://www.gnu.org/s/alive

Alive is usable program. What means "inactive"? If program is
finished, do you expect more development?

https://www.gnu.org/s/anubis

What is wrong with Anubis?

https://www.gnu.org/s/archimedes
https://www.gnu.org/s/avl

For above 2 I don't know anything wrong.

https://www.gnu.org/s/ballandpaddle

Above one, I could not compile last time. But I tried compiling it
within last year or little more.

In general, many of those packages are working software. If they are
not packaged in distributions such as fully free system distributions,
but also other distributions, it decreases their findability, so they
become less useful, nevertheless many have potential to be useful.

Jean