Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS

From: Nick Hill
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:36:01 +0000

John¹ wrote:

See my previous post in which I wrote,

"If there is money in the kitty", as you put it, it belongs to the
existing Association, or is held on trust by them. A matter which seems
to be escaping the attention some non-members, who seem remarkably
cavalier in their attitude as to how 'they' can dispose of it.

Hello John

It appears you are prepared to put some time into sorting out AFFS. I certainly appreciate that. More so that you are prepared to do so diligently.

I count myself amongst the many members/ lapsed members who think "AFFS, that's a good idea, let's become a member / give it some money" then leave it to someone else to sort out. I feel pretty much everyone has done the same thing. As a bunch, we're probably more interested in computing and free software than being actively involved in running an organisation. Of course, sitting on a stand at an expo, talking to like-minded people all day is quite fun..!

I expect this goes some way to explaining the cavalier attitude you perceive, and the shape of the AFFS today.

Kindly

Nick.