Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC slander

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC slander
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:01:20 +0000

On 2004-02-06 16:19:26 +0000 Tom Chance <address@hidden> wrote:

On Friday 06 Feb 2004 15:43, P.L.Hayes wrote:
I don't think we want to spread this too wide, since we're hardly in a position to critique the BBC's reporting as a whole ;)

Our TV tax pays for it, so I think we are, but it does take a lot of time and effort that is probably best spent elsewhere.

The charter review might also be a good place to air these wider concerns.

Possibly. The BBC does seem very gung-ho on supporting the copyright lobby in their reporting, but then they do things like going free-to-air on digital terrestial and satellite AIUI.

Is this more in the UKCDR's field than AFFS's? I admit to not following them very closely (wanted: 36-hour days).

Yes, Stephen Evans's name comes to mind again methinks. What of the
non-appearance of their promised Ogg streams too - I've harried them about their destructive and exclusive addiction to the Real formats before but to
no avail. Is the UKCDR interested in such matters?
I have no idea, I'm not the UKCDR ;) Like I said, it would be worth raising (I can if you're not on the lists) but I don't know what will come of it.

Please raise it there if Paul Hayes doesn't, but maybe some BBC people seem to think criticism of Real is support for Windows Media Player, according to http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2004-January/041215.html

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden