Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fsfe-uk digest, Vol 1 #164

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fsfe-uk digest, Vol 1 #164
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:16:14 GMT

Peter Clay <address@hidden> wrote:
> Do we have any _specific_ issues of our own? CDR has had difficulty doing
> things due to the feeling that we've just got a negative agenda - we don't
> want DRM.

It's somewhat easier in one way.  Basically, AFFS has the positive aims of
promoting and safeguarding the use of Free Software in the UK.  Everything
else should be to support that.  Sometimes that will be done through
projects and campaigns run from inside AFFS, sometimes it will be by
participation in larger coalitions such as schoolforge and sometimes both.

> One of the reasons for the success of CUT was that it had a really clear
> easy to explain goal.

CUT succeeded?  All I see in most of the ALUG region is the monopoly telco
bundling more and more call time into their various direct and indirect line
rentals...