Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:30:01 GMT

Martin Coxall <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think we should forget the first set of minutes and try again, have a
> new gathering whose intention it is to complete the process of working out
> the structure and function of the AFFS, and this time, we should make an
> effort to *get it right* [...]

With all due respect, we've spent the last nine months working out the
structure and formation of AFFS and have filed the paperwork with all the
responsible bodies to get this org off on a proper footing and start
running.  Everyone consulted seems to think that the basic structure had got
it right.  That consultation was open to you, but if you didn't get involved
soon enough, then I'm sorry, but that's life.  If you now want to throw out
all that work and try to make it something else fashioned in your image,
then I think you are insane.  Can you leave your "organisation nazi" hat at
home, please?

<rant>I think we can all agree that Saturday's meeting wasn't in the best
venue, or the best format, and materials which I'd intended to project onto
the screen weren't available, so some of you probably weren't as
well-informed as you could have been, but shit happens and you just have to
try to make the best of it instead of bitching endlessly to the mailing list
afterwards with a stream of content-free emails trying to start
flamewars.</rant>

Once more, if you have *PRACTICAL* suggestions, make them.  Otherwise, STFU
and let us continue working towards our goals.