Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute

From: Andrew Savory
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:15:14 +0100 (BST)

Martin, please, let me help you :-)

On 15 Apr 2002, Martin Coxall wrote:

> > It was mostly me attempting to demonstrate that our views are largely in
> > alignment, and you choosing to misinterpret what I said --- at least
> > that is my perception which was shared by several others there.
>
> Our views were not in alignment and still are not. I fundamentally
> disagreed with what you were saying on Saturday re: software patents,
> and I still disagree with you now.

Try this instead:

"I fundamentally disagreed with what you were saying on Saturday re:
software patents. I believe you were saying that <.......> whereas I think
that <..... >".

> However, my specific complaint here is that no mention of our dispute
> even appears in the minutes. Not a peep.

Kill two birds with one stone. Explain your dispute here (and then maybe
we can refactor them in to some New and Improved Minutes). And help those
that missed out on what you were saying on Saturday.

If your arguments are clear and concise, people will listen to you
(whether they agree with you or not depends on how persuasive they are).
Rant and rave about coverup conspiracies, with obscure references to
disagreeing, and people will killfile you.

Andrew.

--
Andrew Savory                                Email: address@hidden