Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fsfe-uk digest, Vol 1 #164

From: Andrew Savory
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fsfe-uk digest, Vol 1 #164
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:33:35 +0100 (BST)

Hi John,

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, John Seago wrote:

> May I make two suggestions:
>
>       1 No Alchol until after the meeting

Yep, under normal circumstances this would be a very good idea.
Unfortunately our first choice of venue wasn't available, so we hastily
switched to a nearby pub. It would have been difficult for us to
monopolise a fair amount of space without putting some money behind the
bar :-(

Hopefully the next one (when will that be?) can start in a more formal
setting.

>       2 Appoint Martin Coxall as Minutes Secretary

:-)

And Martin Coxall wrote:

> 3. Funnily enough, there are more important issues than what to call our
> mailing lists.

Absolutely. But I hope that, in an industry where marketing dollars have
been proven to win out over quality of products, you will understand the
importance of branding if we are to make any headway. It makes sense that,
now AFFS is up and running, the mailing list should be switched over to
the AFFS domain.

Would you care to raise some of the important issues for debate now, if
you feel not enough time was given to them at the meeting?

Andrew.

--
Andrew Savory                                Email: address@hidden