Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fsfe-uk digest, Vol 1 #164

From: Martin Coxall
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fsfe-uk digest, Vol 1 #164
Date: 15 Apr 2002 14:56:41 +0100

> Do we have any _specific_ issues of our own? CDR has had difficulty doing
> things due to the feeling that we've just got a negative agenda - we don't
> want DRM.
>
> One of the reasons for the success of CUT was that it had a really clear
> easy to explain goal.

Yes, and this is a luxury we don't have and probably never will. BigCorp
Inc. already has the propaganda word "piracy" so deeply embedded in the
minds of the infoserfs, that opposing DRM automatically makes it look
like we support criminal behaviour. Which, in a way, we do.

CUT was pushing something the people of Britain already wanted, it
merely had to convince them it was feasible. It was never railing
against the perception of being in support of criminal activity.

Martin