Re: getting FSF Europe, Chatper UK going (was Re: Thanks)

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: getting FSF Europe, Chatper UK going (was Re: Thanks)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:57:32 +0200

MJ Ray writes:

 > Ah, I see that it appears as part of the "FSFE" project.  How do you
 > create subprojects of a project?  I haven't noticed that ability being
 > used on the original sourceforge and it would be useful to at least
 > two projects which I observe/comment on there.  One project has
 > multiple translations and being able to give the translation teams
 > commit access over only their translation and the program code (but
 > not other language documentation) would be very beneficial.

Savannah. It is a mailing list bound to the FSF Europe project
(savannah.gnu.org/projects/fsfe).

        Support for translation using Savannah has been discussed but I'm
not following this thread. There currently is no specific support for
translation teams. However, Jerome Dominguez (address@hidden), wrote
tools based on CVS to help the translation process. Now that the whole
www.gnu.org web site is under CVS they can be used. Jerome will be able
to comment on this.

        Generaly speaking there is little effort on Savannah to place
restrictions among the members of a project (translators, webmasters,
developers). It does not mean that we don't want to do it and if you
know someone willing to take the job she/he will be very welcome in the
Savannah team ;-)

-
FSFE discussions U.K
address@hidden