Re: getting FSF Europe, Chatper UK going (was Re: Thanks)

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: getting FSF Europe, Chatper UK going (was Re: Thanks)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:10:07 +0200

MJ Ray writes:
 > Oh, right.  Sorry, I misunderstood.  Why is having fsfe-uk bound to
 > the FSF Europe project a good idea?  Wouldn't that mean that we can't
 > manage our own mailing list administrators any more, because savannah
 > has integrated user management between that and the main project?

        As in SourceForge the management of the mailing list is
separate from the management of the project. Of course you can have
your own list.  It only seems natural for FSF Europe to have a public
mailing list dedicated to uk. Instead of creating a new one it also
seems a better idea to migrate the existing one. If you see this as a
problem for some reason that won't do much harm to have two lists.

        Frederic, Raphael listed all the advantages of using the GNU
project as a technical infrastructure, I can't really add anything to
this list.

 > Other than that, I think the desire for richer project control should
 > be used as part of the requirements for a greater distributed
 > electronic project management system, as outlined in previous
 > messages.  I guess I should add this project to my list of things to
 > invent... unless we have some wonderful person out there willing to
 > try?

        :-) There are many threads on this subject currently. One effort
toward better mobility of projects among hosting facilities is the new
born http://coopx.eu.org/ group. All this is progressing slowly.

-
FSFE discussions U.K
address@hidden