Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: English Translation

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: English Translation
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:14:10 +0100

Clifford J. Tasner wrote:
Ronald & Company,

While I was playing, I came across two other texts that might benefit from revision:

1). "Designed With Love" - the text should read "Did you really think this one was so easy!?" (with no comma and all in the past tense).

and

2). "Gods of Enigma II" - a menacing laugh is usually written as "Bwahahahaha," not "Fwahahahaha" - it may be that moonpearl is trying for a particular effect, but it's more recognizable (and funnier) as "Bwahahahaha."

Ok - we will add them to your list. Raoul just noticed me that your list did not got distributed on this devel maillist because of its size.

These are the corrected texts, that Clifford did sent in his previous mail:

#  level: "Enigmastermind"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:243
"Each color appears once.  Each correct color produces whites in the wrong place,
blacks in the right one.  "

# level: "Moure-Switches"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:342
"Our full attention this is worth:           Air and Fire, Water, Earth."

#  level: "Moure-Switches"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:345
"And if your answer can’t be found           then shame on you, eyes to "
"the ground!"
# level: "The Fuse"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:384
msgid "End Of The Line"
(alternate suggestion: "Dead end!" instead - but this is an American idiom - meaning cul de sac - a street that doesn't go through.) # level: "The Flagstone Reaper"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:563""
"Why on this side
does this message sit?
The Reaper has
a use for it   "
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:836
"Welcome to Mexico! Eight hours ago, your plane arrived at the Airport of "
"\"Coatlicue\", which is a small village surrounded by unexplored jungle "
"terrain. Now you find yourself in front of an impressive temple, which seems "
"to be a relic of the ancient Aztec empire. But the temple is in surprisingly "
"good condition ..."
msgstr ""
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:837""
"Next to the giant doors of the temple you see a chrome sign: \"Restoration "
"by: G. G. Goshers, A.D. 1998\". A smaller sign beneath says: "
"\"Property of G. G. Goshers. Trespassing prohibited!\". Now you notice "
"the dog kennels built up along the front side of the temple. \"Goshers made "
"this ancient relic a fortress\", you think, \"this cannot be legal, for "
"Goshers received funding from the UK Government. I'll try to call him to "
"account!\""
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:838
msgid "This guard doesn’t notice me."
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:839
"This lake was obviously made by Goshers. I think the correct way is south.
msgstr ""

#  level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:840
"There's an inscription on the old wall, saying in spanish: \"Careful!  What you touch
could be the last thing you touch!\""

#  level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:841
msgid "Chrome sign: \"Control of the beast’s cage.\""
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:842
msgid "Oooh, this slope is steep! Try not to touch the skull!"
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:843
"This building down there looks like a prison. Let's see if I can determine its
purpose... Ah, there's another chrome sign. Goshers "
"seems to favour chrome signs. It says: \"Natives’ prison\"."
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:844""
"Getting beyond the prison building was a really good idea. But now you have to
"
"cross this lake. Be thrifty with those boxes!" msgstr ""

#  level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:845
"Now, peering through the grilled prison windows, you see a native "
"woman imprisoned there. Obviously Goshers locked up all the natives, who "
"disturbed his \"work\"; trying to enter the temple and to get rich from the "
"treasures of the Aztecs. It might be helpful to be accompanied by someone, who
"
"knows the secrets of the jungle and this temple ..."

#  level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:849
msgid "You wonder what this switch could trigger."
(the comma has been removed)
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:851
msgid "You were lucky to find this hole. It prevents you from drowning."

#  level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:852
msgid "This glass stone must fulfill a purpose ..."
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:853
msgid "It's funny that such a temple should have a side entrance."
(no comma)
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:855
"After the huge doors of the old temple have opened, you see, that the "
"entrance is protected by 11 knights, armed with spears. These guards are "
"very dangerous. Without a sword you'll never be able to enter. Be careful. "
There are not only knights, but also thieves." msgstr ""

# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:858
"\"I, Goshers, will certainly be able to rid myself of one of my archenemies by
"
"just killing you!\""
(no comma)
# level: "The Aztec Temple"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:860
"Xila and you just entered the Diamond Room of the old Aztec Temple. By "
"taking him back to Great Britain and rendering him to the police, you have ended
the evil "
"career of Gerald Gregory Goshers. Congratulations on the "
"success of your expedition!"
(or instead of "career", “deeds”?)
# level: "Houdini"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:954
msgid "I am innocent! I've never stolen anything!"
# level: "- Meditation -"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:964
msgid "Can you relax amid all this chaos?"
# level: "Lasers and Mirrors"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:1422
"The bright light beam is a laser beam.   Don't get to close to it!   But it "
"has its uses ...    You can use the mirrors to direct the laser to its "
"targets.   From these, only the light-gray ones are movable, just try it!"

#  level: "Enigmawale"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:1737
msgid "A turn begins in one of the leftmost rows, unless impossible."
# level: "Flying"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:1845
msgid "You can fly for a short time if you use the umbrella."
# level: "Firefox"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:1994
"Do you think a bushman would start to search for an extinguisher in the cellar
"
"if a wall of fire were approaching? Be a Firefox - you have the first "
"5 items to deal with, no more no less!"
# level: "Life’s Cross"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:2139
msgid "Do you need something?"
# level: "Doors forever"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:2191
msgid "Look carefully at everything!"
# level: "Blet"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:2321
"When you change the color of one square, the colors of the 2 nearest squares "
"change as well; you must get as many green squares as possible."

-- Ronald