[Enigma-devel] Two bugs in 1.00

From: bojster
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Two bugs in 1.00
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:31:03 +0100

Hello.

I would like to report two bugs - or at least what I consider a buggy
behaviour - in Enigma version 1.00. I compiled the game myself, but
I didn't meddle with the source, so I suppose the bugs are in there.

The first issue concerns pausing/unpausing a game. When I'm playing
a level, and I pause it in any way (with F1 - going to help screen - or
with ESC - going to the menu), a normal behaviour (after exiting help
screen, pressing ESC in the menu or choosing 'resume game' from the
menu) would be to be able to continue the game. This behaviour
sometimes occurs, but the buggy behaviour is far more common. So, when
I unpause, the ball explodes and the level is restarted (as if
I pressed shift+F3). I couldn't find any reason for that, nor did
I find any pattern of correct/wrong behaviour.

The second issue might actually be intended, but I consider it buggy.
Please let me know which of the two it is. Sometimes, when I hit two
stones of the same colour very quickly (so that the first one is not
'open' yet when I hit the second one), they do not both open, but
rather the first one closes and the second one stays open. This is
sometimes a major annoyance, especially when trying to beat a score
(be it a world record or my own). This behaviour does not occur in all
levels - sometimes it works correctly. Also, it seems only to occur
with black and green stones, never with the blue ones (though I didn't
really try that hard to find out). Of course in some levels with black
or green stones it works correctly (i.e. both stones stay open).
In this case, as well, I couldn't find any pattern of the behaviour.

I hope my descriptions were helpful, but feel free to ask if you need
some more information or tests. I also hope these bugs are easy to fix.

Best regards,
bojster

PS. Thank you for this terrific game. :-)