Re: Org and Hyperbole

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Org and Hyperbole
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 04:05:31 +0300

* Hendursaga <hendursaga@aol.com> [2022-10-08 03:46]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > Of course it is so much better option than keeping stuff in text. All
> > properties shall be in the database. SQLite is not a network database, thus
> > it disables collaboration. It is better developing with PostgresSQL or
> > MariaDB, or other network databases.
>
> Vanilla SQLite, that is. There are multiple[1] SQLite[2] addons[3] around[4]
> that add some sort of distributed layer to it, most being zero-cost (or at
> least low-cost) abstractions. Pretty cool, I'd say!
>
> ~ Hendursaga
>
> [1] https://dqlite.io/
> [2] https://litestream.io/
> [3] https://github.com/losfair/mvsqlite
> [4] https://github.com/rqlite/rqlite

Thanks, insightful, I have reviewed links. But none tells me that it
is truly network based database. Of course one may replicate files
through network and send data, that is not what is meant with network
database. One can make layers on top of it, but that does not make it
multi user or suitable for collaboration.

From:
https://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html

,----

`----