Re: Org, Hyperbole, and eev

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Org, Hyperbole, and eev
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 04:25:53 +0300

* Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> [2022-10-08 03:28]:
> On Thu, 29 Sept 2022 at 06:22, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
> >
> > I am definitely interested, make prototype please. Just can't answer
> > properly on travel.
>
> Hi Jean Louis,
>
> Sorry, I will have to put that on hold until my holidays... I wrote a
> very primitive prototype, but I never had to write much code that
> generates text with text properties, my friends are not interested in
> playing with that together with me, and I don't know where to borrow
> ideas from, so adding each new small feature by myself is a
> struggle... and right now writing code "whose inner details don't
> matter" is exactly the opposite of my notion of fun... =(

Fine, solution will come up with time.

In the sense is similar to Org links, though just universal. With the
RCD Template Interpolation System for Emacs:
https://hyperscope.link/3/7/1/3/3/RCD-Template-Interpolation-System-for-Emacs.html
and this function, I can easily replace such snippets as below to their values:

** Hello heading

⟦ (format "[[https://www.example.com][Hello there %s]]" user-full-name) ⟧

(defun rcd-org-interpolate ()
  "Extrapolate Org buffer before dispatch."
  (interactive)
 (let ((my-org (buffer-substring (point-min) (point-max))))
 (with-temp-buffer
   (insert (rcd-template-eval my-org))
   (org-export-dispatch))))

(keymap-set org-mode-map "C-c C-e" 'rcd-org-interpolate)

to get Org hyperlinks. Or any other type of a link?

(defun hyperscope-hyperlink (id &optional markup)
  (let ((name (hyperscope-name id))
        (link (hyperscope-hyperdocument-url id))
        (markup (or markup (hyperscope-markup-type id))))
    ;; (unless (or (eq (last-key-binding) 'newline)
    ;;          (= (last-key) 13))
    ;;(rcd-button-insert name (lambda (_) (hyperscope id))))
    (cond ((or (eq major-mode 'markdown-mode)
               (and (not rcd-current-table-id)
                    (or (= markup 2)
                        (= markup 3)
                        (= markup 6))))
           (format "[%s](%s \"%s\")" name link name))
           ((eq major-mode 'adoc-mode) (format "%s[%s]"
(hyperscope-hyperdocument-url id) name))
           ((eq major-mode 'org-mode) (format "[[%s][%s]]" link name)))))

Same may be used to insert buttons:

(defun rcd-button-insert (button-text action-function &optional how-many)
  "Insert button BUTTON-TEXT with ACTION-FUNCTION.

Optional number HOW-MANY adds superscript digits to BUTTON-TEXT."
  (insert-text-button button-text
                      'action
                      action-function
                      'follow-link t)
  (when how-many
    (insert (rcd-superscript-digits how-many))))

(rcd-button-insert "Hello" (lambda (_) (message "I said Hello")))

now if button can be inserted, it means ⟦ (could insert button as well) ⟧
and make the link invisible part of text. Once toggled, invisible
part could become visible and saved as such link.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman