Re: How to poll the users

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: How to poll the users
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 18:44:18 +0300

On 25.04.2020 18:35, Drew Adams wrote:
Emacs StackExchange site has around 20'000 registered
users. The Emacs subreddit has almost 40'000 subscribers.

... Have you got any other suggestions of places?

The ones I mentioned are the biggest ones I know.

Also:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/emacs

https://superuser.com/questions/tagged/emacs

Right. But these seem smaller, and I'm not sure we can do any polls on stackexchange/stackoverflow anyway.

If I do create a poll, and the outcome would strongly indicate a change
of the default, we'd pretty much have to change it then, though.

FWIW, I don't agree with that conclusion, in the abstract.

If the poll doesn't contain an implicit promise (e.g. "we considering a change of default"), the turnout is likely to be much lower. Which is not what we want, I think.