Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.04 Released

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.04 Released
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:41:37 +0200

> Man pages can be translated too, I believe.  Though it isn't hooked up
> to be right now.

OK. I guess I would prioritize that, because while I can envision
somebody using duplicity based on a man page they understand (but with
English error messages), I cannot see anyone using duplicity without
being able to reference a man page.

Don't forget that command-line switches are in English and will not be
covered by translations (right?). So without a man page you can't even
run duplicity and get to see those wonderfully translated error messages :)

Other than that, let's hope that installation issues are solved quickly,
and we get some user-contributed translations for the benefit of
non-English-speaking power users; casual users would probably use a
Duplicity front-end with its own i18n that doesn't care about
Duplicity's multi-lingual awareness.

-- Dan