Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.04 Released

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.04 Released
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:37:34 -0600

Michael Terry wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Edgar Soldin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Thanks Ken,
>>
>> unfortunately the tarball does not work for me. It says as follows
>>
>> address@hidden:/duplicity-0.5.04> python setup.py install
>> --prefix=~/_apps/duplicity-0.5.04/ --install-lib=~/_apps/duplicity-0.5.04/
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "setup.py", line 6, in <module>
>>    from DistUtilsExtra.command import *
>> ImportError: No module named DistUtilsExtra.command
>
> This is my doing.  A new dependency on python-distutils-extra (or
> whatever the package name is for your distro) to build.  It's the
> gettext translation stuff, since python's normal distuils doesn't have
> gettext integration.

I have submitted a bug against 5.04 to remind us to fix this ASAP.  I
don't think the tarball should require distutils-extra or any of the
translation tools.  I think that dist/makedist should perform the
translations prior to building the tarball.  If someone wants to work on
a new translation, they should go to CVS and check the code out.

Now to figure out how all this works...

...Ken