Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.04 Released

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.04 Released
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 09:59:05 -0500

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Dan Muresan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Don't forget that command-line switches are in English and will not be
> covered by translations (right?). So without a man page you can't even
> run duplicity and get to see those wonderfully translated error messages :)

--help would be translated, and presumably non-English speakers are
used to typing that to get help.  But yeah, a man page is important
too.

> Other than that, let's hope that installation issues are solved quickly,
> and we get some user-contributed translations for the benefit of
> non-English-speaking power users; casual users would probably use a
> Duplicity front-end with its own i18n that doesn't care about
> Duplicity's multi-lingual awareness.

As the author of such a frontend, I wanted duplicity to be translated
because I pass along error messages from it.  So even in the wonderful
world of a GUI, duplicity still needs to be translated.  This is in
fact my motivation for writing the patch.

-mt