Re: People think we are for nostalgics or dead.

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: People think we are for nostalgics or dead.
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 06:52:53 -0500

Liam,

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 6:43 AM Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 12:21, Gregory Casamento
<greg.casamento@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have updated the website recently to show the themes.
>
> I am also posting, pretty much daily, about progress with GNUstep on twitter.  The best we can do is to try to put ourselves out there the way we really are.  Looking at GNUstep's stats on github tells the story that we are not dead.
>
> Also, the discussion on hackernews showed that a lot of people are turning around their opinions.   We will not change the general impression of the project in a day (or even a month or a year) but if we persist in making it known that we are not a bunch of Luddites, then people will, eventually, pick up on that.
>
> We must strive to change people's opinions.

What is the best way to suggest text changes, new content, new links
etc. for the website?

Right now the website is still hosted on CVS on savannah.org... (I know)... I am going to change this, but at the moment I need some assistance since there are some things in the hosting (at gandi.net) which complicate moving the site.  More on that in another email.

A strong argument for moving the site is that it is currently hosted on a very old machine.

There is a duplicate of the site at git@github.com:gnustep/gnustep-github-io.git (https://gnustep.github.io).  So, for now the best thing to do is to make suggestions here.  Once I get it moved, you can submit PRs.

Greg, since I note you now have your own Twitter account – @bheron
(and may I ask why that? Just curious) – then I suggest you, or the
community, or something, take your name off @gnustep and try to post
something on there every day.

That's a good idea.  Originally that was my intention, but it just became easier to post on @bheron.
www.bufferapp.com may be useful for this. I use a free account there
myself. You can put a load of stuff in, every day, and schedule when
it gets posted.

Ah, cool, I will check it out.
--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven