Re: People think we are for nostalgics or dead.

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: People think we are for nostalgics or dead.
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 06:46:55 -0500

Lars,

Am 22.12.2021 um 12:20 schrieb Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com>:

I have updated the website recently to show the themes.

I am also posting, pretty much daily, about progress with GNUstep on twitter.

So maybe we should integrate the twitter-feed https://twitter.com/search?q=GNUstep&f=live&vertical=default somehow into our website?

Would be nice.  We could track all mentions of #gnustep on twitter.
  The best we can do is to try to put ourselves out there the way we really are.  Looking at GNUstep's stats on github tells the story that we are not dead.

Obviously it is not obvious from visiting our website that GNUstep has a GitHub presence. It needs to be more „into the face“ to make people realize this.

You're right, we should add a reference to github on the main website.
Also, the discussion on hackernews showed that a lot of people are turning around their opinions.   We will not change the general impression of the project in a day (or even a month or a year) but if we persist in making it known that we are not a bunch of Luddites, then people will, eventually, pick up on that.

We must strive to change people's opinions.

True. But I still think we could do a better job with our website.

Indeed, I believe you were the one to mention this at the first quarterly meeting.

GC

cheers,

Lars

--