People think we are for nostalgics or dead.

From: address@hidden
Subject: People think we are for nostalgics or dead.
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 11:30:34 +0100

Hi there,

obviously we have a problem  with our representation to the world. People think
we are for nostalgics or dead. I know, we had this discussion many times before
(lengthy at times), but the situation doesn’t seem to be resolved. IIRC after
the last discussion about our web presence the only „measure“ that was taken
was to add an screenshot „carousel“ to the front page … not enough IMHO …

Why I am writing this now? Well on the german internet news site
https://heise.de/newsticker there was an news article about NeXT being bought
by Apple 25 years ago.
In the associated discussion forum there was a mention of our web presence,
http://www.gnustep.org/:

https://www-heise-de.translate.goog/forum/heise-online/Kommentare/Vor-25-Jahren-Apple-kauft-Next-mitsamt-Steve-Jobs/GNUStep/posting-40185491/show/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de

it mentioned our web presence correctly but with the appendage "for nostalgics“.

In the reactions to this post there another misconceptions like:

https://www-heise-de.translate.goog/forum/heise-online/Kommentare/Vor-25-Jahren-Apple-kauft-Next-mitsamt-Steve-Jobs/Re-GNUStep/posting-40187338/show/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de

quote: "Nice, really! Unfortunately a little lifeless since 2018, or am I
wrong?“

this impression was gained when viewing our website!

Think about it.

kind regards and happy holidays,

        Lars