Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 09:23:44 +0000

On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 14:20 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> yes, this solved the rehearsal marks problem nicely.
>
> I believe that it may solve another problem as well. I need to create 2
> different metronome markings in the same measure.

The Denemo "Tempi and Metronome Marks" command generates the
"\tempo ..." LilyPond syntax. Two of these at the same musical moment
give a LilyPond error message and one is ignored. I'm not sure if this
behavior could be modified (in the way that those new Polyrhythmic
commands allow simultaneous time signatures), you will have to ask on
address@hidden or search the documentation.

*However* if this is just an effect you want on the printed page (i.e.
not for MIDI generation) then you can use LilyPond markup to achieve the
appearance of two tempi at the same time.
Use "Multi-line Text and Music" to create the marking you want. There
are examples in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/graphic.en.html of
the sort of syntax you would need to construct a metronome mark, e.g.:

  \note-by-number #3 #0 #DOWN
  \hspace #2
  \note-by-number #1 #2 #0.8