Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:41:23 +0000

On Mon, 2016-11-14 at 21:49 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> On Saturday, November 12, 2016 12:30:07 PM PST Richard Shann wrote:
> > Sorry! There *is* a serious-looking error in the file as you originally
> > posted it; near the top there is:
> >
> > #(define denemo-top-margin ...for they shall...)
> >
> > where the red-highlighting starts.
> >
> > it seems that in setting the top margin you inserted the text "... for
> > they shall ..." instead of a number (such as 20). I deleted this and
> > then ran typeset and got the sort of warning messages I wrote about
> > below (they refer to another copy of your file that I extracted by
> > tortuous means earlier...)
> >
> > It would be good for those margin setting commands to test out the
> > syntax for validity before letting you insert things like that, I've put
> > a bug report in for this.
> >
> > You would normally expect to be able to fix this by re-running the
> > margin command, but in this case the bad value persists. To fix your
> > score open up Score->Score Properties Editor and delete the TopMargin
> > directive. There is a second TopMargin directive, which is (I guess) the
> > one where you re-edited the top margin.
>
> This worked. But what if I need to edit the new part?

which part is "the new part", and what could stop you editing a part?

>  For example, I think
> because I chose to 'hide empty measures',

which command are you referring to here? (The best way to be exact in
describing a command is to look it up in the Command Center (e.g. via
right-clickon the menu item->Open Command Center on this Command) and
then copy and paste the description panel.

>  a number of measures don't
> show up.
"show up" in the Denemo Display or the Print View?

> Is this normal behavior? Or is there something I have done incorrectly?

I'm struggling to understand the problem - perhaps a screenshot of what
you have and a description of what you are trying to do? Or create a
tiny example of what you find to be problematic?

Richard