Re: [Denemo-devel] Need some direction/clarification

From: Onyeibo Oku
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Need some direction/clarification
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 01:38:23 +0100

On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 17:24 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 18:07 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> > On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 10:44 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > > You have to set the stemming for voices, alt-1,2,3,4 as the usual
> > > shortcuts. I have set these at the start of the staff, but you may wish
> > > to reverse 3 and 4 as voice three is (often) above voice four.
> >
> > Either I'm didn't understand this, or my copy of Denemo is failing me
> > here.  Alt-1,2,3,4 adds rests here
> >
> Sorry, I miss-typed, it is a two key shortcut, alt-v followed by a
> number 1,2,3,4 or a for automatic stem directions. You can find the
> shortcut that is set from the command in the menu, in this case under
> Staffs->Voices

Still not getting desired results.  I position the cursor where I want
the stem change and the directive appears some notes away from the
cursor.  This is frustrating

I have attached the one I did with MuseScore before it went berserk.
That communicates the kind of stemming I'm targeting.  The only places
where stems are not unified are places where the voices don't share the
same note lengths.