[Denemo-devel] Need some direction/clarification

From: Onyeibo Oku
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Need some direction/clarification
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 06:14:24 +0100

Good morning

First off, Denemo is wonderful and unique.  I like it.
I have tried MuseScore.  My knowledge of Lilypond typeset syntax is
rusty.  Last I used it was 3-4yrs ago.  Presently, I'm doing a small
remix of a hymn in SATB.  So far, I've hit some walls

1. I find that Denemo 1.0.0~rc9 doesn't exit nicely.  The Print and
Document View windows always pop up again after Denemo's main window has
closed.  This is weird.  I then have to kill the process or wait for
Gnome to request a "Force close"

2. The playback doesn't refocus to the current measure when the screen
is scrolled out of view.  This is confusing.  The playback should always
automatically scroll-back (or forward) the view to show the current
location of the playback cursor.  Perhaps an option for disabling this
behaviour may suit others who may prefer a static screen during playback

3. Why are the repeat barlines not affecting the playback?  It doesn't
play the repeats

4. On merging the four voices, I find that the SA-stave is smaller than
the TB-stave and the stemming is crazy.  How does one approach this?
What about curves, slurs, titles ...  How do I address those?  See
attached except of the denemo file in question for your perusal.

5. The software doesn't use the same fonts as the Desktop ... I compiled
with GTK3 and its running on Fedora-18 (gnome3).  This makes the
software look a bit like QT-based UI.

I anticipate your response.  Once again, .... its an awesome project.  I
love the way the green-marker/cursor grows and shrinks to inform its
location during scrolling.  Generally, I'm impressed.

Regards
Onyeibo