Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: STK500 version 2.0 protocol

From: Erik Walthinsen
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: STK500 version 2.0 protocol
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:38:34 -0800

E. Weddington wrote:
I would have to agree here. There may be some who never upgrade to version 2.0 of the protocol. Perhaps having two programmer specifications would be desirable.

I started by copying the stk500 files to an stk500v2 set and adding the programmer definitions to all the makefiles, .y/.l, etc. I then built it and confirmed that the unmodified code worked with the old 1.15, then started modifying code. Ran out of time/steam Friday before getting enough code written for it to compile, but I'll post what I did get done here shortly.