Re: Source code, git and cvs

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: Source code, git and cvs
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 20:10:56 +0000

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, July 21st, 2023 at 7:12 AM, uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> wrote:

> [...]

At one time you stated that one of the gravest problems you see for the future
of Emacs development is that we slowly but steadily lose old-timers who know a
lot about the Emacs  internals ... If this tendency continues, we will soon
lose
the ability to make deep infrastructure changes.

Yet you continue to refuse spending effort on making sure that future
developers
will be able to learn quickly.  But the direction I usually get is to work
hard.
The reality is that hard working people fail.  We complain about everything in
life
because we're doing everything hard.  Once your intelligence has turned against
you,
there is no power in universe that can save you, that's all.

The solution is not about adding more and more stuff but having a compact
enough
commentary that people would be willing to spend reasonable time on compared to
the time taken to complete some task.  If that takes too long or requires too
much
jumping around, the project is history.  Worked with companies like that, they
are
all gone.