Re: Source code, git and cvs

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: Source code, git and cvs
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 19:12:21 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, July 21st, 2023 at 6:31 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 17:33:41 +0000
> > From: uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

> > > We clearly disagree.
> >
> > Of course, hide it and make things more difficult for new users. And then
> > expect them to figure out things by themselves. And when they ask questions,
> > never be straightforward and give them the code they need to use. It is
> > their
> > job to go through the ever increasing obfuscation of information embedded
> > within
> > deeper and deeper levels of cyclomatic complexity. Classic example of
> > development
> > malpractice.
>

> You should stop your arrogant and rude remarks about project practices
> that you just learned yesterday. It is not wise, to say the least, to
> show your ignorance by claiming you are right even after you have been
> pointed to your mistakes and stuff you missed in the docs.

Yes, I am right, you are wrong.

> The README, INSTALL, etc. files in the top-level directory are the
> result of many years of experience and many users contributing to
> them, they are not just random text that was written yesterday and
> therefore needs to be polished. It's already polished, so any change
> you suggest based on 5 sec of thought is more than likely to have
> downsides that were already considered and rejected in the long
> history of Emacs development.

Typical nonsense.

> You have ample opportunity to exercise some humility and learn (and
> you have a lot to learn, believe me) before you get to the position
> where you might "know better", and have the moral right to teach us
> what is "malpractice". Suggest to use that opportunity.

I just look at things how they are, so one can effortlessly navigate
through the material.  There is no need to be humble and I definitely
have the autonomy to take action without approval or authority.  I am
certainly not bound by any requirement of external validation or permission
to do so.