Re: [Savannah-dev] New Developer

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] New Developer
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:49:38 +0200

  This post might seem a bit aggressive, but yours sounded like you
were implying that I should stop recommending the use of Debian-SF, or
that you consider Debian-SF to be proprietary or unmaintained, or that
we help the development of the proprietary software, or that we're
dependent on them.  If you were not implying it, or if you were
implying it based on inaccurate info (I hope I have fixed that),
please accept my apologies.

No need for apologies on your side. My post might seem a bit aggressive too, but I'm sure we do not have bad feelings on each other. Sure, I do not consider Debian-SF as non-free software, sure, I do not consider Debian-SF as unmaintained.

I was just (over?)reacting to

« You can, if you stay with Sourceforge. Not if you switch to Savannah. Sourceforge 2.6 is packaged as a Debian package »
        +
« For the sake of completeness: Sourceforge 2.6 is GPL. Subsequent
        versions have not been released under the GPL (yet?).»

that can lead people thinking that you recommand usage of SourceForge published by VA Software, not especially your fork, and you recommand waiting for new free release from VA Software.

Cheers,

--
Mathieu Roy
 http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou