Re: [Savannah-dev] New Developer

From: Marcus Hardt
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] New Developer
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:10:08 +0200

> > I am about to install a savannah server at my site soon. I have just
> > installed an evaluation system with SourceForge 2.6, but we want GPL
> > software! Therefore I'd like to be pointed to some Introductory newbie
> >
> > information and installation notes.
> >
> > Does anyone know, if I can keep my current database?
>
> We're actually working on savannah. The current CVS is probably broken.
> In several days it should be ok.

I got a copye here to start with for now. Btw. do you recommend staying with
the cvs version on a productive machine?

> If you want to install savannah on a SF 2.6 installation, you can try
> but it's surely not the easy way to get savannah working and I'm afraid
> to tell you that we are not able to give much help about this
> operation. You'll need to figure out what should be done.

You got me wrong in that point. Just wanted to say that I'm not an absolute
newbie in that kind. The Savannah will be placed on a new machine. If
possible I'll take over the database.

Regards,

Marcus