Re: [Savannah-dev] New Developer

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] New Developer
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:17:33 +0200

> We're actually working on savannah. The current CVS is probably
broken.
> In several days it should be ok.

I got a copye here to start with for now. Btw. do you recommend
staying with
the cvs version on a productive machine?

Actually, savannah is not packaged. We does not really have the time to do this. We will probably do this the day we'll have savannah running as we want (september ? october ?) but it's not for today. So until then, you can use the CVS version but it will be sometimes broken. Normally, it's not broken since it's what we use on savannah.gnu.org, but for the moment we need to make some changes that broke the cvs and it's not finished.

It's change lot of thing in the way you configure savannah.
Instead of configure host for cvs, or mailing-list etc... for the whole wide system on a unique text configuration file, you configure host for cvs, for mailing-list etc... for a type of project, and the configuration is stored in the database.

For now, savannah.gnu.org work with one file, and the cvs works with the database thing. And savannah PHP engine does not completely get informations from the database...

--
Mathieu Roy
 http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou