Re: [Savannah-dev] New Developer

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] New Developer
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:52:19 +0200

Marcus Hardt (2002-08-01 14:58:03 +0200) :

> I am about to install a savannah server at my site soon. I have just
> installed an evaluation system with SourceForge 2.6, but we want GPL
> software! Therefore I'd like to be pointed to some Introductory
> newbie information and installation notes.

For the sake of completeness: Sourceforge 2.6 is GPL.  Subsequent
versions have not been released under the GPL (yet?).

> Does anyone know, if I can keep my current database?

  You can, if you stay with Sourceforge.  Not if you switch to
Savannah.  Sourceforge 2.6 is packaged as a Debian package.  It hasn't
been thoroughly tested yet, but we are relatively confident that it
works.  See <URI:http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/debian-sf/> for
details.

  Note: yes, this is (again) an unashamed advertisement for
Debian-SF.  No, I do not do this to make Savannah people angry, but to
give users (and potential users) choice.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Qu'est-ce qui est jaune, qui pèse deux cents kilos et qui chante ?
Un sumotori qui a bu trop de saké.