Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Future of rdiff-backup: Python 3 migration and

From: Eric L.
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Future of rdiff-backup: Python 3 migration and project maintainership in general
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 23:17:47 +0000

Hi,

I've just finished the migration of rdiff-backup to Python 3 after months of
work, improving at the same time the test framework. Anybody can check and
feedback at https://github.com/sol1/rdiff-backup/pull/40 without paying money

The quality seems equal to the version 1.2.8 packaged under Fedora, Windows and
Mac support wasn't a priority though.

Feel free to save the Debian package, there is enough work for more people, but
we should avoid useless work and forks.

KR, Eric(Zolf)