Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Future of rdiff-backup: Python 3 migration and

From: Bill Harris
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Future of rdiff-backup: Python 3 migration and project maintainership in general
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:20:31 -0700

As for an indicator of the popularity of rdiff-backup, does
https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=rdiff-backup help?

I don't know how this compares to other packages, especially other backup
packages, I don't know how many Debian users use popcon, and I don't even
know the popularity of Debian compared to other distros (is this popcon
database limited to Debian?).  I'm guessing I first started using
rdiff-backup in the 2006-2008-ish time frame.

Thanks to those of you who have expressed interest in reinvigorating this
tool.

Bill